Buckle up partner, a new Sonic racing game is coming
SEGA has been teasing a new Sonic Racing game for quite a while, despite denying the initial rumors that first surfaced a few months ago.
From an early listing on the Walmart webpage, it confirms a new entry in the Sonic racing series, with the title for this one being Team Sonic Racing. The webpage at the moment is only live for the Switch version, but it’s safe to assume we should be anticipating a PS4, Xbox One, and PC release simultaneously.
The game is listed with an MSRP of $39.99 and if the placeholder is correct, should be releasing before the end of 2018.
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.