Yacht Club Games has finally made it official and announced a date of release for the Shovel Knight amiibo! After the long wait for a release date, we can now confirm that it will be released in Europe on December 11th and in the United States on January 8th.
In order to make Shovel Knight compatible in the game, you’ll need to update your game to the most recent version. Here’s the official press release given by Yacht Club Games as well as a new trailer.
“You may be wondering why the Shovel Knight amiibo is coming out so much earlier in Europe! It was an agonizing decision, as production difficulties forced us to choose between rushing to ship a tiny, insufficient number of amiibo units before Christmas, or ship a good healthy supply of stock to North America just after Christmas. We’ve received hundreds of emails bemoaning the difficulty in finding some of your favorite amiibo, racing for a pre-order window, issues with scalpers, having trouble unlocking the new features you want to play; so, we made the decision to launch the amiibo in January so there would be enough units available. Hopefully, this later date will make buying a Shovel Knight amiibo easy and fair for everyone. So just be sure to save up that Christmas money for the new year!
On that note, if you’re interested in picking up the Shovel Knight amiibo, then we’d like to implore you to wait for it to release in your territory. There will be plenty and it will not be a limited run, so please don’t feel pressured into importing or buying from scalpers. Don’t spend more than the retail price! Also, keep in mind the new Shovel Knight amiibo features will not function on your game system in your territory until the listed release date. Thank you everyone for your patience!”
On Wii U and 3DS, the Shovel Knight amiibo provides these features:
– Level up to a max level of 50 by finding treasure!
– Earn relics in an all new way while uncovering all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
– Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
– Use your Custom Knight seamlessly between Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
– Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new Custom Knight relics and abilities!
– 5 new solo challenges and 5 new co-op challenges (exclusive to Wii U) await!
– Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
– Use your cooperative skills to help each other out along the way!
– Compete against each other collecting gold and defeating enemies to prove who is the true hero of Shovelry!
– Play with any combination: two Custom Knights, one Custom Knight/one Classic Knight, or 2 Classic Knights.