Nintendo has announced on their website that online gameplay for Wii and Nintendo DS will not function no more starting May 20, 2014. The services affected that will not be available are the following:
- Online play and matchmaking
- Leaderboards and tournament data
- Sharing of user generated content (ghost data, user created levels)
- User exchange of in-game items or characters (Global Trade Station)
- Free add-on content or downloads (new levels, in-game items, Mystery Gifts)
So if you want to dish out one last match on the DS and Wii, you have until May 20 to do this. Note that this doesn’t 3DS and Wii U online gameplay. To see the games that will be affected by the shutdown, click here.